About Equatorial Palm Oil (EPO)
Equatorial Palm Oil plc is focused on becoming a global, sustainable producer of high quality crude palm oil with its operations located in Liberia, West Africa. EPO works alongside the communities in which it operates and adheres to stringent policies and procedures relating to human rights, environment and corporate social responsibility. The Company was founded in 2005 and listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange in 2010.
- EPO has signed 2 concessions that were previous oil palm estates for the development of oil palm in Liberia.
- Palm Bay Estate – 13,007 hectares of land as part of the concession as well as expansion areas totalling 20,234 hectares of which 50% is set aside for outgrower programmes.
- Butaw Estate – 8,750 hectares of land as part of the concession as well as expansion areas totalling 46,539 hectares of which 15,680 hectares is set aside for outgrower programmes.
- EPO is part of a joint-venture with KL-Kepong International Limited, a subsidiary of Kuala Lumpur Kepong Berhad (KLK).
- KLK is one of the largest palm oil producers in the world and EPO will greatly benefit from their many years of expertise in oil palm development.
- Significant investment in local communities, building roads, schools and health clinics. Workers total 1,200 and the plan is to increase that to 10,000, making us one of the largest employers in Liberia.
- Geographically well located for regional supply. Nearly 1 million tonnes of crude palm oil are imported into West Africa each year and demand continues to grow. By supplying the local market, EPO will help in reducing imports and making a positive impact on the community and regional economy.